Our team undertakes research together with multiple organizations to advance the state-of-the-art in speech technologies. We not only work on giving Alexa, the ground-breaking service that powers Echo, her voice, but we also develop cutting-edge technologies with Amazon Studios, the provider of original content for Prime Video. Do you want to be part of the team developing the latest technology that impacts the customer experience of ground-breaking products? Then come join us and make history.
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Deep Learning Scientist to help build industry-leading Speech and Language technology. Our mission is to push the envelope in Text-to-Speech (TTS) in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
As a Deep Learning Scientist at Amazon you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modelling techniques to advance the state of the art in speech synthesis.
· Participate in the design, development, evaluation, deployment and updating of data-driven models for text-to-speech applications.
· Participate in research activities including the application and evaluation of text-to-speech techniques for novel applications.
· Research and implement novel ML and statistical approaches to add value to the business.
· Mentor junior engineers and scientists.
· Graduate degree (PhD or equivalent Master's) in fields such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, TTS, ASR, NLU or Statistical modelling.
· Familiarity with programming languages such as Python, C/C++.
· PhD with specialization in text-to-speech, natural language processing, or machine learning.
· Experience in developing speech synthesis and natural language processing models (e.g., commercial speech products or government speech projects).
· Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, with a track record of peer-reviewed publications.
· Hands on experience with machine learning frameworks such as MXNet, TensorFlow, or PyTorch.
· Good written and spoken communication skills.