Come set the strategic direction for Alexa, and operate at the center of all Alexa customer experiences . We are focused on creating the building blocks, developer interfaces and cross-cutting customer experiences which connect devices, skills and AI, and orchestrate customer experiences spanning across multiple devices, skills, tasks, users and agents.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, experienced, creative, and Product Leader to join our team. In this high profile role, you will lead a cross-function product and engineering team to define and execute on the vision for Alexa as it relates to making it simple for our customers to move between Alexa experiences, identify and build new cross-organizational products that help Alexa move towards this vision, and then measure how effectively Alexa is tracking to it.
Key job responsibilities
Key responsibilities: - Define creative, high quality, and clear product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
· Hire and lead a world class team of engineers and product managers
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
· Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and across key partners
· Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic and technical goals
A day in the life
This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, science, modeling, operations, finance and executive teams to set strategy, launch features, drive adoption, and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, work with technical customers to identify and prioritize needs, able to effectively influence up and across the organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
About the team
The Alexa Multitasking team, as a part of the Alexa Devices and Developers Technology organization is focused on building customer experiences, developer primitives, and horizontal platform capabilities which enable customers to initiate multiple experiences, return to a previous experience, engage with them simultaneously wherever possible, switch between them as needed, and react to interruptions without loss of progress.
· 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
· Experience in mobile technology, web services and back-end application infrastructure
· Experience creating Software Development Kits (SDKs) and Developer Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
· MBA or Master’s degree
· Experience with voice-based products and technology, particularly related to voice design or personification
· Experience delivering programmatic goals and leading complex projects
· Superb verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives and evangelizing to stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.