As we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company, Amazon has reinvented how hundreds of millions of people shop online – providing Customers with the opportunity to find and discover virtually anything they want to buy and providing millions of Sellers with a platform for growing successful businesses. Thousands of Amazon Sellers ship their orders directly from their own warehouse and we are building software to help them offer their items through programs like Seller Fulfilled Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon Onsite, Merchant Fulfilled Same Day Delivery, and Premium. We innovate and design our services and tools with a focus on customer and seller experience, followed by our focus on technology and worldwide scaling.
The Seller Fulfillment Services team is looking for an Applied Scientist to be based in Bellevue area. As a key member of SFS, you will provide expertise that helps accelerate the business. You will build various data and models that help us innovate different ways to enhance the customer experience. You will need to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment. We like to move fast, experiment, iterate and then scale quickly, thoughtfully balancing speed and quality.
An ideal candidate will be an expert in the areas of and statistics who will have expertise in applying theoretical models in an applied environment. The candidate will be expected to work on numerous aspects of such as feature engineering, modeling, probabilistic modeling, hyper-parameter tuning, scalable inference methods and latent variable models including transfer . Challenges will involve dealing with very large data sets and requirements on throughput.
· Design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain innovative data and solutions to accelerate our business.
· Create experiments and prototype implementations of new algorithms and prediction techniques
· Collaborate with scientists, engineers, product managers, and stockholders to design and implement software solutions for science problems
· Use best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· MS in Computer Science, , Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
· 2+ years of hands-on experience in modeling and analysis
· 2+ years of hands-on experience in Python, Perl, Scala, Java, C#, C++ or other similar programming languages
· 1+ years of professional experience in software development
· Experience with model development, model validation and model implementation for applications
· Strong communication and data presentation skills
· Ph.D. in Computer Science, , Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
· 3+ years of practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems in an applied environment
· Peer-reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences
· Strong CS fundamentals in data structures, problem-solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-expert
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.