Our team produces the long term forecasts for Amazon that support numerous strategic and tactical decisions and systems within Amazon. We are looking for a new Applied Scientist that can help us build the next generation of forecast systems in Topline. As a Senior Applied Scientist, you are an expert in Machine Learning, Deep Learning or High Frequency forecasting who is enthusiastic working with large time-series datasets. You will help us create our next generation line of Topline long horizon forecast engines. You have experience with Deep Learning, but also know time series. You are enthusiastic about modeling but also at investigating strong signals and their interactions.
A day in the life
1. Explore data: sift through large sets of data to investigate features and signals that might be good predictors
2. Build Forecasting and Predictive Models: explore forecasting and predictive methods to help us model and forecast Topline demand
3. Improve our overall strategy: you think strategically and see the big-modeling-picture and have a good intuition of which modeling components to build in order to have the largest impact
4. You are an excellent coder who writes and organizes code with robustness and keeping an eye for the future
5. You are a builder and are passionate about creating our next generation modeling stack.
6. You are customer obsessed and work backwards from customer needs.
About the hiring group
We are a team of Data Scientists, Economists, Research and Applied Scientists with expertise in Econometrics, Time Series, Machine Learning and Data Science.
1. Drive model development: explore long horizon forecasting strategies
2. Explore data: implement robust feature and signal extraction models and seek signals that support our models and/or insights
3. Analyze performance: run backtests and analyze the relative performance of your models
4. Write robust scalable code that will be the foundation of our Topline forecasts
5. Articulate and deliver insights to the team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Proficiency in Machine Learning, Deep Learning or Reinforcement Learning
· Solid experience with Time Series, Forecasting or Statistical Signal Processing
· Extensive experience applying Deep Learning methods to forecasting time series data
· Extensive experience in feature engineering and scaling up large ML systems