Alexa is the ground-breaking voice service that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our team is giving Alexa her voice. Come join us, where you will not only participate in cutting-edge research, but will also have the opportunity to impact the customer experience of a cutting-edge product used every day by people you know.
A day in the life
As an Applied Scientist at Amazon you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modelling techniques to advance the state of the art in speech synthesis.
About the hiring group
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Applied Scientist with a background in Machine Learning to help build industry-leading Speech and Language technology. Our mission is to push the envelope in Text-to-Speech (TTS) in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
· Participate in the design, development, evaluation, deployment and updating of data-driven models for text-to-speech applications.
· Participate in research activities including the application and evaluation of text-to-speech techniques for novel applications.
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in applied research.
· Knowledge in fields such as TTS, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, ASR, NLU or Statistical modelling.
· Good written and spoken English communication skills.
· PhD with specialization in text-to-speech, natural language processing, or machine learning.
· Experience in developing speech synthesis and natural language processing models (e.g. commercial speech products or government speech projects)
· A track record of peer-reviewed publications.
· Hands on experience with machine learning frameworks such as MXNet, TensorFlow, or PyTorch.