We develop services that defend some of the Internet’s largest businesses from bad actors and malicious requests. We make it easy for customers to help protect their web applications from attacks by allowing them to configure rules that allow, block, or monitor web requests based on conditions that they define. We've recently launched AWS WAF Bot Control that gives customers visibility and control over pervasive bot traffic that can consume excess resources, skew metrics, cause downtime, or perform other undesired activities. The problems we solve are complex and constantly evolving. Join us, and you’ll influence and build innovative new capabilities at the forefront of this emerging and rapidly changing space.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join us who is passionate about using data to drive decisions that build our Bot detection and mitigation capabilities. You'll have the opportunity to raise the bar, help in developing new systems that automatically defend against evolving threats while providing customer-facing, centralized management and visibility.
We are seeking an innovative and technically strong data scientist with a background in optimization, machine learning, and statistical modeling/analysis. This role requires a team member to have strong quantitative modeling skills and the ability to apply optimization/statistical/machine learning methods to complex decision-making problems, with data coming from various data sources. The candidate should have strong communication skills, be able to work closely with stakeholders and translate data-driven findings into actionable insights. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data ScientistMS/PhD in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field.
· Algorithm and model development experience for large-scale applications
· Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python/Perl, R/Matlab, Java, C/C++, ScalaProblem solving ability
· 4+ years of experience as Machine Learning Scientists, Data Scientists and/or Business Intelligence Engineers
· Experience collaborating with software engineering teams
· Track record of implementing and deploying large scale machine learning applications and tools
· Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications
· Ability to communicate technical concepts and solutions at a level appropriate for technical and non-technical audiences
· Experience with extraction, processing, filtering, and presenting large data quantitiesvia AWS technologies, SQL, and data pipelines
· Ability to translate business requirements into science problems. Independently define problem formulation and create scalable solutions