Our M&E Industry Specialist (IS) Consultants are focused on designing and delivering customer outcomes across complex media workloads for our M&E clients using AWS cloud services. They deliver cloud solution guidance, support POC’s (Proof-of-Concepts), lead assessments and discovery projects, develop thought leadership and represent AWS at leadership events and summits.
We are actively looking for a senior candidate with deep experience in the application of Data Sciences within the M&E (Media and Entertainment) Industry. The candidate must have extensive hands-on experience in using AI/ML tools and techniques to drive tangible outcomes within one or more phases of the media supply chain –content production, media supply chain, broadcast and direct to consumer. You will have the opportunity to help clients with the “art of the possible” for driving their business goals using the AWS AI/ML tool set (Amazon Sagemaker) and AI services built for media and content workloads (Amazon Rekognition, Amazon Comprehend, Amazon Polly, Amazon Transcribe, Amazon Comprehend and Amazon Lex).
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in solving the most complex AI/ML based problems in Media and Entertainment, such as:
- Using meta data enrichment to drive more value from content archives
- Developing personalization and recommendation services to improve user engagement, increase conversion, and monetization
- Use AI/ML techniques for broadcast compliance and redaction
- Automated subtitling and localization of content
- Contextual advertising & ad personalization
- Using predictive analytics to optimize customer lifetime value models
The position requires a blend of four (4) major skills which are a strong business acumen, deep M&E functional experience, strategic vision, and an innovative/builder mindset.
AWS Principal Consultants:
-Collaborate directly with global M&E customers to address their workflow performance, cloud workloads, security, compliance, scale, availability and manageability.
-Provide leadership to customers looking for solutions to transform their existing media workloads using Cloud technology.
-Act as the voice-of-the-customer to oversee engagements and assist with non-technical change management work on policies, procedures, operations and people.
-Acquire new technology skills and serve as trusted advisors for internal and external customers including global M&E customer architects and IT leaders
-Work across multiple AWS engineering teams introducing and refining new platforms, solutions and web based services for M&E conglomerates, major studios, music labels, OTT streaming services, new media companies, live events companies, location based entertainment, production and postproduction companies.
-Collect, package and publish best practices and repeatable offerings inclusive of AWS Partners to accelerate our customer’s transition to cloud based AWS services.
Customer Engagements – In collaboration with our go to market team, engage customers to envision end state solutions built on AWS. The solutions stars with end state business outcomes in mind, then working backwards with how AWS based technology enables those outcomes..
Industry Leadership- Lead AWS architecture discussions, cloud operations optimization, AWS migrations, security and integration of AWS services supporting global M&E customer requirements.
Support Sales Teams - Support on-site client projects proving the value of AWS products, services and support moving to new distributed cloud environments.
Technology Leadership – Define and design solutions that exceed customer expectations based on the use of AWS services and partners. Services include Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), AI Services (LEX, REKognition), AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), AWS Media Services.
Develop Partnerships – Develop M&E industry solution roadmaps for clients, partners and service providers. Drive collaboration and integration between multiple partners to deliver comprehensive solutions for large M&E industry clients.
Industry Expertise Transfer –Work with global AWS professional services leadership to grow the AWS Professional Services (ProServe) Practice. Work with ProServe leadership to stay-ahead of the leading-edge platform services and be able to deploy quickly. Support best practices efforts for all AWS and Partners.
Customer Advocacy - Work with AWS engineering groups, technology and professional services teams conveying customer requirements, driving inputs into short-term and long-term AWS technology roadmaps.
Deliver Value - Support delivery of key M&E professional services engagements with clients and partners in feature film, feature animation, broadcast, OTT streaming, production, post production, music, live events, location based entertainment and visual effects (VFX) industries.
Industry Shows and Organizations – Support key industry trade shows, session panels, keynotes, industry groups, technology organizations and technology standards board’s directly conveying AWS corporate messaging and driving new industry wide engagements as necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Customer Requirements- Understand customer requirements, project scope, and support SOW creation for relevant work.
M&E Partners- Work with relevant M&E partners to help lift-and-shift or re-engineer the existing solutions for AWS as appropriate based on customer’s project requirements.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
· 10+ years of experience in the M&E industry.
· Experience in leading AI/ML initiatives to drive tangible outcomes within one or more phases of the media supply chain – content production (pre or post), media supply chain & archive, broadcast and direct to consumer.
· Knowledge and experience with ML frameworks (including TensorFlow, PyTorch and MXNet)
· Experience in architecting, deploying and operating cloud-based solutions.
· Experience with M&E industry customer C-level relationships, management experience and collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to think strategically about M&E solutions, global workflows, cloud workloads, business strategy, products and emerging technology trends
· Experience with AWS AI/ML tool set (Amazon Sagemaker) and AI services built for media and content workloads (Amazon Rekognition, Amazon Comprehend, Amazon Polly, Amazon Transcribe, Amazon Comprehend and Amazon Lex).
· M&E Vertical industry sales and delivery experience using industry standard technologies as well as leading-edge technology services and solutions.
· Experience with the design of modern, scalable delivery solutions for technology consulting services.
· Use of AWS services in distributed environments with Key AWS M&E industry cloud ecosystem partners.
· Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or Engineering
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.