Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a global cloud platform that provides the most comprehensive set of services in the industry. Lead Architect is a role within the AWS Solution Architecture (SA) team, responsible for providing technical thought leadership in the area, geography and / or country, by
1. identifying, engaging and overcoming technology obstacles in a strategic set of customers
2. developing technical relationships with customer technology leaders, 3. authoring or otherwise contributing to AWS customer facing publications (such as whitepapers, reference architectures)
4. delivering keynotes at technology events (AWS Summits, Technology conferences), and
5. operating as role model within the AWS SA community and mentoring SAs.
Lead Architects come from a deeply technical background and have extensive experience with complex, legacy IT environments including applications, middleware, storage, networks, information security, and operations as well as have a solid understand of cloud services, cloud native architectures and application delivery models, which enables them to establish technical credibility with key decision makers. They are able to clearly communicate the benefits of the AWS platform to business and technology leaders, application architects, platform architects, infrastructure architects and engineers, and security and compliance teams.
Lead Architects engage with a strategic set of customers in their respective area, geography and / or country that are at a critical decision point on their AWS adoption (example: “I am concerned about lock-in on AWS”, “Should I go multi-cloud?”, “Should I use of higher-level AWS services (such as Kinesis)?”, “Should I use AWS’ IoT platform?”), providing prescriptive guidance in addressing customer concerns and helping customers make decisions, enabling expansive use of the AWS platform. They work closely with AWS Solutions Architects, Sales, Business Development and Professional Services teams to develop and promote cloud-native application architectures (microservices, serverless, containers), and application development and operations practices (agile, devops and continuous integration / continuous delivery). They will also work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings based on the voice of the customer.
Key responsibilities of the Lead Architect:
· Responsible for establishing technical credibility and can drive discussions with CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, etc. across customer segments
· Deliver keynotes at technology events, conferences, symposiums, etc.
· Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer facing publications such as whitepapers, reference architectures, and reference implementations
· Deliver technical solutions that solve for new levels of complexity, scale and performance, and in turn, enabling breakthrough innovations
· Guides solution technical architecture and investments using AWS roadmaps; maximizes alignment and ease of adoption as new services and products as they become available
· Drive deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
· Ensure solutions are developed and packaged in an easily consumable and repeatable way for customers and internal teams including sales, solutions architecture, professional services, and support
· Operate as role model within the AWS SA community and mentor SAs
· Capture and share best practices with the AWS SA community
This role requires at a minimum:
· 15 years of IT experience in Internet-related technologies
· Direct industry experience in infrastructure and software technologies
· Public speaking experience to large audiences (5,000+ attendee’s)
· Proven experience in working with the media and analysts
· Experience in working with senior leadership teams both internally and externally
Hands on experience with AWS services
Preferred requirements for this role include:
· Known industry thought leader
· Ability to build and deliver complex keynote presentations, demos and messaging to an industry leading level
· Proven ability to adapt to new technologies and quickly establish credibility across a large number of technologies and industries
· Experienced technology challenger in complex scenario’s both internally and externally
· Technology team management experience (multi-region, 100’s of staff)
· Certified professional level in all AWS certifications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.