The AWS Center for Quantum Computing is looking to hire a Quantum Research Scientist with expertise in device physics, design automation, and research software engineering. Working alongside physicists and engineers, you will focus on developing software for the automated design, layout, and simulation of superconducting or hybrid quantum devices and their packaging. Your work will enable the robust and scalable development of quantum information processors.
At the AWS CQC, we understand that developing quantum computing technology is a marathon, not a sprint. Mental and physical wellness is encouraged within our team and throughout AWS. The work/life integration within Amazon encourages a culture where employees work hard and have ownership over their downtime. We are exploring more structured wellness elements including for example meditation, running group meet-ups, and a culture of sharing wellness tips.
Mentorship and Career Growth
We are committed to the growth and development of every member of the Center for Quantum Computing. You will receive career-growth-minded management and mentorship from a software and science team and also have the opportunity to participate in Amazon's science mentorship programs. You will work closely with quantum research scientists and have opportunities to learn about quantum computing technology and contribute to the development of scientific software for quantum computing at AWS.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· MSc. or PhD. in physics, electrical engineering, computer science, or related field
· 4+ years of experience developing scientific software
· Curiosity/capability to research and learn new techniques or technical topics rapidly
· Two years of experience developing in Julia and/or C++ in a professional setting or with strong track record of contributions to open-source projects
· Experience working closely with other engineers as well as scientists and technicians covering a wide range of technical skill levels
· Comfortable working in a diverse group and contributing to an inclusive culture
The following topics are relevant to possible projects within scope of this role:
· Data structures and algorithms for computational geometry and their use in electronic or photonic design automation
· Development of numerical multi-physics simulation tools
· Numerically and analytically modeling superconductivity
· Semiconductor device design and fabrication processes
· Design sensitivity analysis, yield analysis
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.