The Design Verification Engineer will be a member of the optical inter-satellite link (OISL) hardware team, focusing on the design verification of the various electrical functions of the OISL including analog sensor signal conditioning and processing, analog actuator control, and overall OISL monitoring and control across spacecraft interfaces. They will be expected to lead a variety of tasks, from schematic and layout review, board bring-up and test, to writing and executing design verification plans, while also supporting other Project Kuiper OISL colleagues with reviewing and improving board and other electrical designs.
A day in the life
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you will learn a lot, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
About the hiring group
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come join us at Amazon!
We are looking for an outstanding engineer who combines superb technical and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. This person will be expected to work with a team of top-notch engineers and collaborate with multiple other spacecraft design and integration teams. They should be comfortable with a high degree of autonomy and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that they will learn a lot, have fun and make a positive impact on tens of millions of people.
If this sounds like the role for you, come make history with us!
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· B.S. in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
· 2+ years of experience in hardware development across full product life cycles (concept to production at scale)
· Experience with PCB design and debugging, including microprocessors, FPGAs, power supplies, ADCs and sensors
· Experience with schematic and layout ECAD tools
· Experience with at least one modern programming language such as Python or C/C++
· M.S. in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field
· 5+ years of electrical engineering work experience in Aerospace, Consumer Electronics, Power Electronics, Robotics, Automotive, and/or Communications fields or combination thereof
· Experience in development and test of satellite bus systems
· Experience with motor and actuator control systems
· Experience with complex board designs, including high-speed interconnects, high-reliability designs, avionics solutions and/or vehicle control systems
· Experience developing highly reliable electronics systems for extreme environments
· Experience with Mentor Xpedition or other Mentor ECAD tools
· Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to explain complex concepts and designs to colleagues across disciplines