Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced Compliance Analyst who will be responsible for providing global product compliance analysis and guidance to ensure that AWS products and equipment satisfy product safety, EMC, and Radio Frequency requirements in all countries where AWS business exists or will expand. The scope of your role will encompass equipment designed and developed for use in AWS data centers, as well as devices sold to customers.
You will be part of a Regulatory Compliance team within AWS’s Global Trade and Product Compliance team (GTPC) that conducts global due diligence for product compliance requirements, monitors emerging regulations and new standards, develops compliance specifications and policies, builds compliance programs to support AWS business initiatives, and troubleshoots and resolves compliance issues that arise in the course of AWS’s business.
AWS is at the forefront of providing a broad set of global cloud-based services including compute, storage, databases, networking, and enterprise applications, to help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale. You will be a part of a dynamic business within Amazon.com, and one of the world’s fastest growing and evolving companies, with a team of exceptionally talented, bright and innovative people. GTPC is responsible for ensuring that the infrastructure equipment necessary to support the AWS services are imported/exported in a compliant manner across the multiple countries where AWS operates and will expand, including all product certification/safety regulations. This position will be located in Portland, Oregon, but can also be located in Seattle, Washington.
· In close coordination with our consultants and legal partners, define and disseminate product regulatory requirements for AWS’ equipment and devices, including data center equipment, customer devices, and other highly specialized electrical and electronic equipment. Your regulatory scope will focus on product safety, EMC, and wireless/telecom regulations.
· Track new regulations and legislation, assess potential impact on AWS, partner with Legal and Public Policy to engage in advocacy, drive the implementation of controls to address new requirements.
· Design and drive scalable processes within a Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure consistent compliance with product regulatory requirements around the world.
· Partner with key stakeholders to help define program strategy, project plans, and manage technology implementations.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· 5+ years’ experience with product compliance issues, preferably within a technology company
· Proven ability to deep dive technical product compliance topics
· Experience in large-scale project management roles, preferably in product regulatory compliance
· 4-year BA/BS.
· Experience developing processes to meet internal control requirements in a QMS environment
· Experience integrating compliance processes into tools for greater efficiency
· Experience working with test laboratories/certification bodies
· Experience effectively articulating recommendations/conclusions both verbally and in written form
· Strong data-driven analytical skills, with experience in establishing and tracking program metrics
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload in ambiguous environments
· Highly organized and able to build trusting relationships with stakeholders at various levels across the organization
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us