During the lockdown, how has your grocery shopping behavior changed? Have you tried various food delivery services to feed yourself and your loved ones? The pandemic has accelerated customers' adoption of online grocery shopping services like Amazon Fresh.
My organization is looking to re-imagine the world of Grocery Supply Chain here at Amazon Fresh. Our vision is to enable any grocery operation in the world to fulfill omni-channel orders by providing them with an automated sales and operations planning (S&OP) solutions for their business. We are building automated software solutions that leverage machine learning to scale S&OP from 50 to 400+ omni-channel stores and warehouses globally. We are data-driven, build scalable and automated data pipelines which yield in accurate forecasting models to support the grocery business at Amazon.
To succeed, we want economists like yourself to forge a path into the future by building models to help forecast demand (being in pandemic complicates things a little bit). Economists at Amazon will be expected to develop new techniques to process large data sets, address quantitative problems, and contribute to design of automated systems around the company. You have strong leadership qualities, great judgment, clear communication skills, and a track record of shipping great products.
If this sounds intriguing, then we’d like to talk to you about a role on a new Amazon team that's tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation and scaling.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· PhD in Economics
· Experience in conducting economic research
· Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
· Experience with experimental design and measuring lagged effects
· Experience working with an interdisciplinary science and business team
· Experience in R, Python, or a related software
· SQL proficiency
· Background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Research track record.
· Must have the ability to communicate relevant scientific insights from data to senior business leaders.