The Chief of Staff will assist an executive leader in the day-to-day management of business and operations, helping him/her be more efficient and effective. The candidate must strive in a dynamic, fast paced environment while balancing a mix of program, operational, and strategic responsibilities. The Chief of Staff will play an important role in the business planning process and will have exposure to senior leadership at Ring. It is very important the Chief of Staff engage and work well across all functional areas and divisions in Ring.
The ideal candidate will have proven executive level communication skills. He/she must be organized, detail-oriented, have a knack for problem solving and enjoy helping others. In addition, this candidate must uphold a high standard of integrity and discretion and tactfully handle high-level confidential matters.
A day in the life
A successful Chief of Staff will make the executive's role more efficient and scalable, will effectively intermediate between the executive and their direct reports, and will work with other leaders to drive the business forward. The Chief of Staff will obtain deep knowledge and expertise in large scale business and technical operations, and is expected to develop a broad understanding of business and operations across Ring.
About the hiring group
At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together.
· Drive the cadence and content for business, operational, and strategic reviews.
· Monitor and facilitate progress of executive goals and targets.
· Work with other business units and influence strategic directions
· Identify and prioritize the working list of cross group collaboration opportunities.
· Drive special projects or strategic projects.
· Performs additional responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
· Work with leaders and stakeholders to drive project execution and deliver on agreed-to project requirements.
· Identify efficiency opportunities and drive associated initiatives to improve performance and success of the organization.
· Engage with finance and operations to help make data-driven decisions.
· Assist leaders in the annual planning process, headcount allocation, and portfolio management.
· Hold executive accountable for action items they need to drive forward
· Set and drive regular cadence of communications to various stakeholders including internal team members and external audiences.
· Responsible for communications of key initiative across staff leaders.
· Facilitate discussions in areas related to program directions, strategic discussions, and conflicts
· Drive staff meeting agendas and manage follow-up actions
· Manage agendas/topics for staff meetings, strategic off-sites, and other important reviews
· Prepare updates and business reviews with executive leaders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; proven ability to get results across multiple groups and disciplines.
• Meaningful experience as a change agent and leading organizational change
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strategic thinker with highly developed analytical and critical thinking abilities. Able to help make design strategy and roadmap decisions.
• Leads by example, create a sense of ownership, and personal commitment to work.
• Strong bias for action and creates a sense of urgency when holding stakeholders accountable.
• Strong self-initiative and persistence, ability to deal with a high degree of ambiguity and drive clarify in key areas of the business.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.