Do you want to build the future development experience for engineers at Amazon? Our program's mission is to increase developer productivity for Amazon engineers by eliminating their undifferentiated effort through abstractions and automation. We consider any effort, not directly associated with business logic design and implementation, to be undifferentiated. Our program, HEX, helps shape the Amazon compute strategy by building highly available platforms that offer different levels of abstractions to accommodate our diverse use cases. We host thousands of Java services that operate at the core of Amazon’s business, at Internet scale (tens of thousands of transactions per second). We enable Amazon’s internal developers to improve time-to-market by allowing them to simply launch their application code as a service, operating in a secure, highly available, and efficient managed hosting environment.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer, who shares our passion for developer productivity and efficiency, to help us build the developer tools and platforms that set the standard for software development and operations at Amazon. You will build frameworks and libraries, help improve resource usage efficiency, increase availability, and improve the end-to-end developer experience at Amazon. These are exciting times in our space – even with thousands of customers serving over 1 Trillion requests per week – we are still at an early stage and working on ambitious new goals where every member of the team can have significant technical and business impact.
In this role you will tackle core software engineering problems - distributed computing, resource usage efficiency, software isolation, fault tolerance and using AWS cloud technologies (EC2, ECS, Lambda, CDK etc.) to architect highly scalable systems. If you are interested in positively impacting Amazon development teams across the world by engaging in technically challenging and personally rewarding work, then we look forward to speaking with you.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Masters degree (or equivalent work experience) in Computer Science or related field
· Experience with core AWS services such as EC2, Lambda, S3 etc.
· Experience in building Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions
· Experience with Linux container-based technologies
· Experience with RPC and RESTful web service frameworks
· Understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles
By submitting your here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation