Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS) is an exciting new AWS service for building live interactive experiences using the same technology that powers Twitch’s own live video system. Every day, millions of people across the globe experience the joy of interactive live video powered by IVS. We’re looking for a software engineer to join our passionate and supportive team to help expand the IVS platform with features that will bring new interactive experiences to life.
As part of the Interactivity team, reporting to the Director of Software Engineering, you will support a product roadmap of new features that help connect live broadcasters and audiences. You'll work with a team of accomplished engineers in developing client libraries and SDKs for AWS Interactivity services like Chat. You will work with engineers, designers, product, operations, and company leadership from across the Video Platform.
To be impactful, you are a thoughtful engineer and accomplished collaborator with a history of delivering solutions to complex problems. In addition, you are extremely passionate about engineering excellence and are committed to building a collaborative team culture where everyone's ideas are valued.
At Twitch, you will experience the benefits of a fun and supportive environment, while having access to the tools and resources of AWS.
- Deliver new client SDKs, libraries, and interactivity features for the Amazon Interactive Video Service
- Collaborate in a fun and supportive team environment committed to engineering excellence
- A degree in Computer Science, a related Engineering discipline, or 6+ years equivalent experience
- Active and direct technical experience building applications on iOS; Android; or both
- Competent knowledge of networking, systems design, API design, and web security
- Expertise with AWS or similar cloud platform services
- Expertise with network programming and web protocols (HTTP, WSS, TCP/UDP)
- Experience designing public-facing APIs for developers
- Experience building web applications with React, Vue, Node
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)