Are you passionate about quantum computing and its potential to solve some of the biggest problems? Do you have a combination of deep technical knowledge and excellent communications skills? Do you enjoy diving into complex subjects and helping others experiment and innovate? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a quantum computing Technology Evangelist to work with companies, researchers, partners, open source groups, and others to help them explore the capabilities of current quantum technologies and discover new applications.
As Technical Evangelist you will join the Amazon Braket team, in a creative, fast-paced and energetic environment. The team is responsible for developing and managing the Amazon Braket AWS service and driving the adoption of quantum computing on AWS. In this role, you’ll combine your passion and enthusiasm with your creativity to generate grass-roots attention, help customers learn quickly, and accelerate innovation across the quantum community.
Ideally, you’re someone who comes from a software development, research, or education background and have hands-on experience with a variety of quantum programming tools and are familiar with the potential applications for quantum computing and current quantum hardware. You have immediate credibility with startups, developers, and researchers. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so.
You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it and teaching others how to take advantage of it.
· Building trust with open source groups and companies who build services on Amazon Braket and other AWS services.
· Working closely with the product managers, developers, and applied scientists to ensure our products and services the needs of the builder community.
· Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and speaker at AWS and third party technology conferences and events.
· Developing and delivering compelling presentations, demos, sample solutions, blogs, and other content and discussions to help drive awareness and adoption of quantum computing at AWS.
· Identify avenues for potential partnerships and customer opportunities.
· Collaborating with internal teams to define the product road map, market positioning, community user groups and developer and academic program initiatives.
· Maintaining a credible presence in social media channels relevant to developers in the field.
At the Amazon Braket, we understand that developing quantum computing technology is a marathon, not a sprint. Mental and physical wellness is encouraged within our team and throughout AWS. The work/life integration within Amazon encourages a culture where employees work hard and have ownership over their downtime. We work hard to establish informal and structured wellness elements that can be done virtually.
Mentorship and Career Growth
We are committed to the growth and development of every member of the Amazon Braket team. You will receive career-growth-minded management and mentorship from a software and science team and also have the opportunity to participate in Amazon's mentorship programs.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Amazon Braket is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds to build a world class team. We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with their peers. With quantum computing being a new and growing initiative within AWS, you would have an opportunity to make an impact on our inclusive team culture.
· Knowledge and experience of quantum computing programming tools and an understanding of their common workflows.
· Experience using cloud computing infrastructure.
· Experience developing example code, tutorials, and related technical content.
· Past experience delivering technical presentations at public and private events for technical audiences.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline.
· Great oral and written communication skills in English.
· Able to work in a diverse team of engineers, scientists, and consultants and across internal and external organizations.
· Willingness to travel (domestic and international) and an ability to work autonomously.
· An advanced degree in computer science, engineering, quantum computing, physical or life sciences or related discipline.
· Working knowledge of quantum algorithms and/or different types of quantum computing hardware.
· Working knowledge of machine learning tools and techniques.
· Experience of driving engagement and adoption in open source communities and projects.
· Experience in a customer-facing role such as technical consultant or solutions architect.
· Track record of implementing AWS services in environments such as large enterprises and/or start-ups.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Women / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.