Excited by the disruptive potential of quantum technology, machine learning and high performance computing? Want to help the largest global enterprises understand the challenges and opportunities of advanced compute technologies? Eager to get first-hand access to cutting-edge hardware to explore and solve customer problems? Thrilled to be key part of Amazon, who has been investing in disruptive innovation for decades, pioneering and shaping the world’s technology?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are helping large enterprises on their advanced compute journey on the AWS Cloud. We are using the state-of-the-art algorithms on cutting-edge hardware against a wide spectrum of industry problems. Our Professional Services organization works together with our AWS customers to explore the potentials of quantum computation and become 'quantum ready'. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
AWS Professional Services is a unique consulting team. We pride ourselves on being customer obsessed and highly focused on the enablement of our customers. If you have academic and/or industry experience with advanced compute technologies, we’d like to have you join our team. You will get to work with an innovative company, with great teammates, and have a lot of fun helping our customers.
The Practice Manager will build a working relationship with their sales, solutions architects and professional service counterparts. The Practice Manager will also have a team of 8-12 direct reports to develop a long term advanced compute strategy and execution plan. This individual is a trusted adviser for our enterprise customers and requires the skills to excel at all aspects of business development, people management, relationship development, delivery of advanced compute solutions and program managing in their accounts, following a player/coach model. Major responsibilities include:
· Hiring, developing and retaining top talent.
· Engage with commercial enterprise customers to understand their business derivers and application portfolio.
· Development of long term advanced compute strategy for our customers.
· Identification and development of specific opportunities and supporting business cases.
· Mitigation of delivery risks and issues.
· Oversee the delivery of advanced compute projects, ensuring high quality delivery.
· Act as a single person of contact for Customer executives, developing deep and trustful relationships.
· Educate, envision and inspire customers on potential of advanced compute technologies to help their business.
· Understand the customer’s business need in different industries and guide them to a solution using our AWS Services.
· Research, develop, and implement novel advanced compute approaches, including variational algorithms.
· Collaborate with Service and research teams to continually improve the customer experience
· Create white papers, write blogs, and build demos and other reusable collateral that help customers understand and adopt advanced compute technologies.
· As this is a customer facing role, you will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
If you do not live in a market where we have an open position, please feel free to apply. Our Quantum Consultants can live in any location where we have a Professional Service office.
· A Bachelor or Masters Degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent experience
· 7+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling, data science and analysis
· Previous experience in a scientist role and a track record of building Advanced Compute solutions
· Experience using Python and/or R
· Experience using Advanced Compute libraries,Experience giving data presentations
· Extended travel to customer locations may be required to deliver professional services, as needed
· PhD in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)Managing Customer relationships and key business stakeholders
· AWS services, platforms and frameworks
· Broad Enterprise systems and data systems experience
· 8+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis
· Good skills with programming languages, such as Java or C/C++
· Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
· Consulting experience and track record of helping customers with their advanced compute needs
· Publications or presentation in recognized Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Data Mining journals/conferences
· Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, EC2, Data Pipeline, & EMR
· Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customer’s organization
· Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment Past and current experience writing and speaking about complex technical concepts to broad audiences in a simplified forma
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and presentations
· Demonstrated ability to work creatively and analytically in meeting customer needs
· A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise projects
· Proven track record of hiring and developing the best, building teams and coaching them to success Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.