Amazon Sidewalk is a new long-term effort to greatly extend the working range of low-bandwidth, low-power, smart lights, sensors, and other low-cost devices customers install at the edge of their home network. We believe customers shouldn’t have to settle for connected devices that lose functionality past the front door. With Amazon Sidewalk, customers will be able to place smart devices anywhere on their property and know the devices will work, even in dead spots where Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don’t reach, helping bridge the connectivity gaps around our homes!
About the role
Amazon Sidewalk is looking for Senior Security Software Engineer. In this role, You will design new device security technology to enhance device integrity, data protection and authentication. As well as develop and deploy innovative self-service qualification tools, test suites and cloud services for internal or external customers developing products based on software delivered by Sidewalk team.
Key job responsibilities
· Develop a deep understanding of the software stacks, middleware and services pertaining to Sidewalk project
· Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
· Develop and interpret security policies and procedures
Taipei or Hsin-Chu
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or equivalent professional experience
· 8 years delivering software in a production environment
· Experience in developing software for Linux
· Extensive embedded development experience in C and C++, and familiarity with ARM CPUs
· Fluent communication with both technical and non-technical audiences in Mandarin and English
· Experienced in embedded device software security technology, secure boot, secure elements, TEE
· Experienced with cloud services and security concepts
· Knowledge of current security threats, trends, and mitigations
· Experience with low-level programming and embedded systems
· Scripting skills (E.g: Python, Perl, Bash, Go, PowerShell …etc.) will be an added advantage
· Experience in a lead role, including guiding and mentoring other developers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.