Amazon seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to join the XCM (Cross-Category, Cross-Channel Marketing) Finance team. The XCM team owns the execution of Amazon’s global mass marketing and branding campaigns, and the XCM Finance team provides the financial and analytical insights to ensure our marketing is effective and efficient. This role will work directly with the portfolio planners and marketers to form effective marketing portfolios based on measurable efficiency of financial return from our mass marketing efforts within XCM and across Amazon that will allow marketing leaders to make informed decisions and financial trade-offs. You will get the unique opportunity to influence marketing decisions and gain exposure to various Amazon business units through your partnership with the marketing and measurement teams.
The successful candidate will be analytical, detail oriented, data driven, and effectively partner with the Finance, Marketing and Economists. We are looking for someone who is highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and has the ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. Candidates will have excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to influence others, and a history of cross-functional partnership.
· Partner with marketing measurement and insights teams to report and evaluate the attributed impact of mass marketing investments on financial results and brand perception
· Present financial analysis, insights, to senior management on the drivers of marketing efficiency and recommendations for changes to future strategy
· Perform quarterly review and audit of econometric models, outputs, and inputs. Partner with Economist team on model updates to approve and explain changes to stakeholders
· Drive quarterly and annual budgeting process for our marketing and market research tools and investments
· Produce ad-hoc reports and assist in various projects
· 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
· MBA or other advanced degree in mathematics, statistics or economics
· Experience and ability to use SQL, Cognos
· Excellent communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and levels of management
· Experience performing financial and ad hoc analyses using advanced Excel functionality and providing recommendations based on results to senior management for strategic decision-making
· Strong resourcefulness and ability to find or develop compelling data given limited resources and time
· Detail-oriented and data-driven
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.