The Amazon Devices Software and Services team is looking for a senior software development manager to build a team which will create a new supply chain related service for Amazon Devices.
As a Sr Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in the design, development, test, and deployment of high-quality software and services. The successful candidate will have an established background in developing complex systems, a strong technical background, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
As the leader of this team you will be responsible for the overall development life cycle and people management. Those duties include:
- Mentoring and developing your team of engineers.
- Understanding the long-term strategy for your programs and working with your program manager to translate that into an achievable road map/action plan.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Working closely with software engineers, technical program managers, business stakeholders, and other managers to architect and develop the best technical designs and approaches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 3+ years people management experience or relevant leadership experience
- Understanding of all aspects of software engineering, including coding, architecture, algorithms, and data structures
- Experience with managing the day-to-day activities of an engineering team using Agile/Scrum processes
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience taking complex projects from initial concept through final launch.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with supply chain and/or manufacturing operations systems
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.