About the role,
Amazon Finance Operations is looking for an experienced Accounts Receivables Manager to support our continued EU expansion focused on the Italian retail marketplace.
The biggest focus area is Accounts Receivables within our vendors relationship with emphasis on financial transactions such as invoices, credits & debit-notes, as well as cash applications.
The successful candidate would manage our collections operations on the Italian marketplace (IT) reporting to Senior AR manager, while cooperating with a broad management team across the globe. Will have a strong desire to innovate processes and exceed expectations in a dynamic, fast-paced environment driving innovation on behalf of vendors.
As part of our commitment to your development, the successful candidate will also gain exposure in cross- functional process improvement projects, while the main responsibilities would include:
Manage retail receivables related Italian retail marketplace and deliver on collection goals.
Be a point of contact for escalation for Amazon Italy vendors, retail business and finance, accounting, business partnering, cash & credit applications teams in relation to Amazon receivables. Support escalations on behalf of the team and be an escalation point in resolving complex issues with internal as well as external partners.
Track progress of the teams’ collection activities and call out any support needed to stay on the “path to green” and ensure operational excellence.
Conduct regular performance and development reviews with analysts of the team, ensure team is executing in line with the policies and procedures.
Participate and provide inputs into global operational reviews and forecasts.
Support ad-hoc projects/ tasks per request of senior management.
- Lead a team of 10+ financial analysts, drive hiring, performance reviews and employee development
- Managing group workload and establishing priorities
- Managing monthly / annual performance targets and evaluate performance against targets
- Enable, propose and implement process improvements within the scope of the team. Drive complex customer/vendor issue resolution and proactively head off negative service trends
- Develop, analyze and improve new strategies and procedures.
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 2800 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.
· 5+ years of experience in managing an Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable/Accounting department, in a fast-paced, high-pressured environment
· Fluent in English and Italian is required
· Proven track record of managing people (10+)
· Sound knowledge of accounts receivables regulations and procedures
· A strong passion for hiring and developing people
· Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
· Experience with dealing in international markets
· Proficiency using Excel
· Ability to handle multiple tasks, and to work independently in an organized manner with strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong customer service and communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and concisely and present numerical data effectively
· A curiosity on how the various teams work together
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
· Ability to communicate with Senior Management regarding all aspects of assigned projects; identify and report operational issues
· A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
· Advanced MS Office, especially MS Excel knowledge
· SQL knowledge is of advantage
· Proven track record from operations, financial background
· Excellent interpersonal and executive presence skills, including a proven ability to develop and maintain relationships both inside and outside the organization
· Self-organized and motivated team player with a demonstrated ability to achieve objectives