Do you have what it takes to join one of the most exciting teams at the world's most customer-centric company? Then come soar with Amazon Air! The Air Science and Technology team is seeking a Software Development Engineer to be part of a team of developers supporting Amazon Air.
The ideal candidate should be a leader, quick learner and be able to work effectively. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
· Work closely with product managers, research scientists, Air Operations and senior engineers to implement and deploy applications that impact Amazon Air end to end operations.
· Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
· Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
· Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Production-level programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Scala, C#, or C++, including object-oriented design
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Excellent interpersonal communication and strong verbal and written skills
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· Experience in Aviation or Air Cargo industry
· Deep understanding of Machine Learning and big data processing
· Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to navigate ambiguity and delivery incrementally to the right direction
· Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties.