Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class advertising business, and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long-term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and break fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative, and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities. Our systems and algorithms operate on one of the world's largest product catalogs, matching shoppers with advertised products with a high relevance bar and strict latency constraints. We work hand-in-hand with Machine Learning and NLP research scientists to develop novel solutions that retrieve highly relevant ads. We consistently strive to improve the customer search and detail page experiences. You will drive appropriate technology choices for the business, lead the way for continuous innovation, and shape the future of e-commerce. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of the Amazon vision.
The Detail Page Thematic team is chartered with building differentiated recommendations, that highlight specific characteristics of products (either direct attributes, inferred or machine learned) to shoppers. This is a novel experience, that builds on Amazon's obsession for customers and present them with recommendations that are "thematically" relevant and instantly appealing to shoppers.
If you have the passion to build heuristics as well as machine learned models based on large-scale datasets, then the Amazon Sponsored Products Thematic Widgets team is a great place to be. The ideal candidate would have worked on distributed systems such as building data-driven systems or infrastructure that handle requests at large-scale or both. Experience with Machine Learning will be a bonus. Overtime, we do expect you to learn about Machine Learning and how feature engineering is done within Amazon. The opportunity challenges you to bring both science and engineering together to identify the most relevant Ads on Amazon’s product detail pages. Your work will impact the user experience of millions of Amazon’s customers.
As a Software Development Engineer at Amazon, you will -
· Leverage Big Data technologies, scalable system design and programming skills to implement large scale data-driven systems
· Build a combination of heuristics and machine learned models to solve for Ad relevance
· Integrate your work with high volume and low latency distributed systems
· Measure the impact of your work through rapid experimentation
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Experience in building large-scale machine-learning infrastructure for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, or search, etc.
· Experience with Big Data technologies such as AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, Lucene/SOLR or Storm/Samza
· Strong proficiency with Java, Python, Scala or C++
· Advanced knowledge of performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices
· Understanding of online computational advertising
· Coursework or thesis in machine learning, data mining, information retrieval, or natural language processing
· Strong written and verbal communication
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation