Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create truly innovative products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Our systems and algorithms operate on one of the world's largest product catalogs, matching shoppers with advertised products and running the ad auction with a high relevance bar and committed latency constraints. Product managers, engineers and scientists collaborate together on novel solutions to deliver high quality advertising experiences to Amazon shoppers and advertisers. You will drive appropriate technology choices for the business, lead the way for continuous innovation, and shape the future of e-commerce. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of the Amazon vision.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will help the Sponsored Products engineering and applied science teams define, build and ship search solutions that improve Amazon’s shoppers’ and advertisers’ experiences. You will play a pivotal role in managing projects at all stages: inception, design, development, deployment and subsequent improvements. You will tackle challenging problems and coordinate high profile projects across multiple teams to ensure our goals are met. You will interface across product, engineering and applied science teams within Performance Advertising and across teams such as Amazon Search to deliver state-of-the-art solutions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
· 5+ years of technical program management experience working directly with software engineering teams
· Experience managing cross-functional programs and release schedules
· Experience building and evaluating system-level technical design
· Experience developing and executing/delivering product and technical roadmaps
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years’ experience for every 1 year of education)
· At least 5 years of experience delivering results on complex, technical (software) products or services
· At least 5 years of experience as a technical: project manager, program manager, product manager.
· Work experience with at least one of the following: Machine Learning (ML), Information Retrieval (IR), data mining, large-scale distributed systems
· Master's degree in a business or technology discipline or related field
· At least 3 years of experience in software development and full product life-cycles
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
· Experience with web or eCommerce search or performance advertising