Are you passionate about Big Data and Distributed Systems? Are you interested in building new state-of-the-art products at Petabyte scale? Be part of a team of industry leading experts that operates one of the largest big data analytics systems at Amazon. We own the campaign performance reporting product for all of advertising and are responsible for end to end processing of attribution for all advertising products. We are applying the latest machine learning and AWS big data technologies available on terabytes of data a day (over 50B new events per day) operating Petabyte size clusters. We constantly invent on our cutting-edge event-driven architectures to stay ahead of growing scale. Our streaming data must always be the fastest, most high-fidelity data as it enables advertisers to optimize and measure of success for a campaign. The charter of this team is focused on systems and services responsible for generating attribution reporting. This function will define and produce the metrics used to analyze the performance of our high growth advertising business
We are looking for an experienced software engineer that can combine open source technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark and Presto, as well as AWS services like EMR, Redshift, Kinesis and DynamoDB to build the next generation of our Attribution reporting systems and services. You will be responsible for designing and developing software products that will provide measurement and reporting to a wide set of users across all of Amazon's advertising suite across display, search, native, and video on all devices. Candidates for this position should have strong software engineering fundamentals as well as real-world experience. You will be able to demonstrate a variety of architectural approaches and design patterns and have a demonstrated competence in designing maintainable and scalable software written in a high-level language. You will show your ability to adapt to changing technical environments and devise creative solutions to vexing software problems. Candidates must have the ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, to engineers and executives.
Join the fast growing Amazon Ads business! Amazon is leveraging its highly unique data to change the way marketers purchase, track, measure, and optimize their advertising spend. You will encounter some of the toughest and most inspiring technical challenges of your career as you build petabyte-scale services, invent new big data paradigms, and scale for extreme growth.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Experience improving web latency in complex large scale deployments.
· Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products
· Experience mentoring and training other engineers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age