Ring is seeking a Chief of Staff to assist an executive leader in the day-to-day management of business and operations, helping them be more efficient and effective. You must excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while balancing a mix of program, operational, and strategic responsibilities. The Chief of Staff will play an important role in the business planning process and will have exposure to senior leadership at Ring. It is very important that you engage with cross-functional teams throughout Ring.
The ideal candidate will have proven executive level communication skills. They must be organized, detail-oriented, have a knack for problem solving, and enjoy helping others. In addition, this candidate must uphold a high standard of integrity and discretion, and tactfully handle high-level confidential matters.
A day in the life
A successful Chief of Staff will make the executive more efficient, will effectively intermediate between the executive and their direct reports, and will work with other leaders across the business to help them drive the business forward. The Chief of Staff will obtain deep knowledge and expertise of large scale business and technical operations, as well as a broad understanding of the business and operations.
About the hiring group
The Chief of Staff will be part of the Ring Product team, responsible for the development of devices and accessories. This role will work with a global, cross-functional team located across the US, Europe, and Asia.
· Drive the cadence and content for business, operational, and strategic reviews.
· Monitor and facilitate the progress of executive goals and targets.
· Work with other business teams and influence strategic direction.
· Identify and prioritize the working list of cross-functional collaboration opportunities with other Chiefs of Staff or GMs.
· Drive special projects or strategic projects.
· Performs additional responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
· Work with leaders and stakeholders to drive project execution and deliver on agreed upon project requirements.
· Identify efficiency opportunities and drive associated initiatives to improve performance and success of the organization.
· Engage with finance and operations to help make data-driven decisions.
· Assist leaders with annual planning process, headcount allocation, and portfolio management.
· Ensure the executive completes any action items required of them.
· Set and drive regular cadence of communications to various stakeholders, including internal team members and external audiences.
· Communicate key initiatives across staff leaders.
· Facilitate discussions in areas related to program directions, strategic discussions, and conflicts.
· Drive staff meeting agendas and manage follow-up actions.
· Manage agendas for staff meetings, strategic off-sites, and other important reviews.
· Prepare updates and business reviews with executive leaders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, and a proven ability to achieve results across multiple groups and disciplines.
· Meaningful experience as a change agent and leading organizational change.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to develop presentations and to influence and work with peers and external stakeholders.
· Strategic thinker with highly developed analytical and critical thinking abilities.
· Able to make strategy and roadmap decisions.
· Leads by example and commitment to work.
· Strong bias for action and creates a sense of urgency when holding stakeholders accountable.
· Strong self-initiative and persistence, ability to deal with a high degree of ambiguity, and drive clarity in key areas of the business.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.