How often have you had an opportunity to be an early member of a team
that is tasked with solving a huge customer need through disruptive and
The Team: WW Operations Finance is poised for a revolution. Historically, automation and technical infusion has taken a back-seat to important financial functions such as controllership, financial oversight, risk mitigation, and strong investment analysis. Finance is set to be the Chief Story Tellers, and along the way inject machine learning, BI, advanced analytics and technical tools – built to suit finance and business needs.
The Financial Systems and Analytics Team (FSAT) is seeking a Data
Engineer to help lead a flagship multi-year project to inject automated
planning and reporting, predictive forecasting, and help shape an end UI,
built on the AWS Data Lake. We are the tech team that supports WW
Amazon Operations – one of the fastest growing, largest and most complex Supply Chains in the world.
This leader will be an independent thinker who makes convincing, data-driven decisions. The ideal candidate will have industry-leading data design skills, an established background building the best data engineering team, working across multiple development teams, devise clear strategy, positioning and execution priorities and will be comfortable thinking big and diving deep. They will have experience leading people, defining team vision, setting up data engineering strategy, and a desire to work within a standard software development life cycle.
Your major responsibilities will include
· End to end ownership of a data engineering program and team, including gathering inputs from leadership and partner teams, roadmap planning and prioritization, promoting best practices, and mentoring and developing your team
· Establishing and leading solutions across multiple teams. Champion data and metrics instrumentation during the development lifecycle for new products and services
· Drive development of tools, automation, and new innovative and insightful reports
This position is looking for a strong leader with experience managing a team of 4 + employees. The ideal candidate will have experience managing teams of DE’, BIE’s, SDE’s and TPMs. If you’d like to learn more about the role please reach out to the recruiter or manager for more details.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, related technical field or equivalent work experience
· Hands on experience using databases and related technologies in a fast-paced business environment with large-scale and complex datasets
· 10 years of relevant engineering and people management experience
· Strong business and technical vision
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, prioritize, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
· Deep hands-on technical expertise
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.