The Retail Device Experience Engineering team builds apps and cloud services that enable Amazon to remotely manage devices in retail environments and effectively demonstrate the features of the devices to customers in physical retail spaces.
Our team build device apps (that reside on Echos, Tablets, e-Readers and Fire TV) and cloud micro-services. As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will be the Single Threaded Lead lead for driving complex and high impact initiatives that span all Amazon Devices including Echo, Fire TV , Tablets and e-Readers. This is a high visibility role that that will require you to work with several product marketing and product engineering teams to integrate with our apps and services into Amazon Devices to deliver magical experiences to customers at high velocity. You will be responsible for influencing feature priorities and getting buy-in from engineering teams for delivery of large cross-organization programs.
You will leverage your technical knowledge and judgement to drive technical trade-off decisions. You will represent difficult trade-off decisions and solutions clearly to technical and business leaders up to Directors and VPs to help them understand decisions and options. As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will be one of the key leaders on the team and have an impact by defining strategy & requirements, developing processes & schedules, and driving forward progress on major initiatives that impact the sale and usage of Amazon Devices and Services.
For Colorado-based jobs: This position starts at 122.2k/yr . A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline
- Deep understanding of the software development process, and a proven track record of shipping software quickly, then iterating on the experience
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels from engineers to Director and Vice Presidents.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep into understanding the business problem space, technical solution space and defining the optimal target state and execution/delivery model to deliver results.