Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost cloud platform that powers thousands of businesses in over 190 countries. AWS’ Infrastructure Supply Chain & Procurement (ISCaP) organization works to deliver cutting-edge solutions to source, build and maintain our socially responsible data center supply chains. We are a team of highly-motivated, engaged, and responsive professionals who enable the core sustainable infrastructure of AWS. Come join our team and be a part of history as we deliver results for the largest cloud services company on Earth!
Do you love problem solving? Do you enjoy learning new ideas and apply them to problems? Are you looking for real world engineering challenges? Do you dream about elegant high quality solutions?
Want to be a part of an amazing team that delivers first class analytical solutions to our business world-wide?
AWS is seeking a highly motivated and passionate Data Engineer who is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting the Data Warehouse / Data Mart environment for AWS Procurement and Supply Chain.
The successful candidate will be passionate about Data Warehousing Architecture, developing reliable, efficient, and maintainable ETL solutions, obsessed with providing our users with robust information solutions, and will possess an excellent understanding of the tools and support needed by the organization in order to develop these solutions productively.
In this job, you will:
· Build and improve Data Warehouse / Data Mart solution by translating business requirements into robust, scalable, and supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
· Design and Develop Dimensional Data Models to support Data Warehouse Architecture
· Extract and combine data from various heterogeneous data sources; develop new datasets.
· Perform detailed source-system analysis, source-to-target data analysis, and transformation analysis
· Design and build data mappings from multiple source systems to data warehouse, maintaining source data integrity
· Participate in the full development cycle for ETL: design, implementation, validation, documentation, and maintenance
· Validate and test ETL build mappings to meet requirements
· Evolve the Data Warehouse environment within the organization, including better information delivery mechanisms and methodologies
· Work to develop the best technical design and approach for new solution development
· Bachelor or graduate degree in computer science (or related field)
· 7+ years experience in a Data Warehouse environment.
· 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets; Expert level skills in Advanced SQL.
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in Python/R.
· Strong understanding of ETL concepts and experience building them with large-scale, complex datasets.
· Dimensional Modeling experience.
· Experience with scripting for automation.
· Excellent verbal & written communication, and documentation skills.
· Experience in cluster based or column based databases
· Experience with AWS Redshift
· Experience with AWS Hammerstone
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.