AWS Central Econ is looking for an exceptionally talented and motivated Senior Economist to drive the science and inform the automation of downstream impact analyses of AWS services and programs. The output of these analyses supports critical VP-level decision making at AWS, including the launching and pricing of products, investment, acquisitions, go-to-market and sales motions, and the design of credits and incentives.
You will apply creativity, economic thinking, and state-of-the art methods in causal analysis and ML to produce actionable and scalable solutions. You will join a diverse team of economists and other scientists. You will learn about all aspects of the cloud computing business, and your work will get consistent exposure to senior leadership.
· PhD in Economics or closely related field
· PhD in Economics, Quantitative Marketing, Finance, or closely related field.
· Three or more years of experience in a postdoctoral position; or, three or more years of experience in consulting, government or academic research.
· Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged.
· Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Strong research track record.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.
· Experience with causal estimation and the design of randomized experiments.
· Experience programming in R, Python
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/usn