Amazon Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most profitable businesses, responsible for defining and delivering a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks and break fresh ground in product and technical innovations every day!
Our team's mandate is to launch and accelerate adoption of advertising measurement products and services that enhance advertiser experience on Amazon. The Shopper Panel team is responsible for defining and delivering a collection of products that take command of large and unstructured data sources and turn them into rich insights that help advertisers present the right ads to the right consumers at the right time and place.
As an Applied Scientist on the Shopper Panel team you will:
· Build machine learning models and utilize data analysis to deliver scalable solutions to business problems.
· Perform hands-on analysis and modeling with very large data sets to develop insights that increase traffic monetization and merchandise sales without compromising shopper experience.
· Work closely with software engineers on detailed requirements, technical designs and implementation of end-to-end solutions in production.
· Design and run A/B experiments that affect hundreds of millions of customers, evaluate the impact of your optimizations and communicate your results to various business stakeholders.
· Work with scientists and economists to model the interaction between organic sales and sponsored content and to further evolve Amazon's marketplace.
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analysis, machine-learning model development, model validation and serving.
· Research new predictive learning approaches for the sponsored products business.
· Write production code to bring models into production.
Why you love this opportunity
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class advertising business. This team is responsible for defining and delivering a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our solutions generate billions in revenue and drive long-term growth for Amazon’s Retail and Marketplace businesses. We deliver billions of ad impressions, millions of clicks daily, and break fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative, and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit - with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate.
Impact and Career Growth
You will invent new experiences and influence customer-facing shopping experiences to help suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising; this is your opportunity to work within the fastest-growing businesses across all of Amazon! Define a long-term science vision for our advertising business, driven fundamentally from our customers' needs, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams. This role combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus, and business understanding.
Team video https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
· Master's in Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, or related quantitative field
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Minimally 3 years of experience building ML models and taking ML models into production.
· Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles.
· Experience in building large-scale machine-learning models and infra for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, or search, etc.
· Technical leadership in machine learning.
· Effective and crisp verbal and written communication skills with non-technical and technical audiences.
· Experience working with very large real-world data sets and building scalable models from big data.
· Successful industry experience.
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution.
· Exhibits excellent business judgment; balances business, product, and technology very well.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us