Are you passionate about conducting research to drive changes and improve the employee experience of a million Amazonians globally? The Organizational Research and Measurement (ORM) team is hiring a Mixed Methods Research Scientist to help us lead research initiatives to measure and improve Amazon’s organizational culture as it relates to health and safety of our employees. The role will drive behavioral and organizational changes, support data-driven decision making by business leaders, and facilitate development of innovative products that improve the safety outcomes and overall employee experience in the World Wide Consumer organization.
The candidate will join a diverse team of social scientists, statisticians and computer scientists who are working on science initiatives to optimize the employee experience across the full employee lifecycle, from first contact through exit, through the use of technology and cutting edge social science research.
The ideal candidate should have a strong business acumen as well as a expertise in both qualitative and quantitative methods. This role will need to navigate complex and ambiguous business challenges by asking the right questions, understanding what methodologies to employ, and communicating results to multiple audiences (e.g., technical peers, functional teams, business leaders).
Major responsibilities will include:
· Develop, pilot and deploy programs to nudge frontline employees towards safe behavior with goal of reducing occupational injuries
· Conduct primary research using a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods to identify intervention opportunities. Develop content for nudges and coaching in collaboration with various stakeholders.
· Conduct statistical analysis to measure the impact of the above programs on Amazon's safety culture and safety outcomes.
· Conduct focus groups and user interviews to augment findings from quantitative analysis.
· Coordinate with different stakeholders to develop interventions, and also ensure that nudges are delivered through multiple channels to maximize effect.
· Develop high-quality, evidence-based documents that provide insights to business leaders and gain stakeholder buy-in.
· Collaborate with other ORM and Amazon scientists with expertise in areas such as machine learning, econometrics, psychometrics, natural language processing, computer vision, forecasting, and optimization
· PhD in Education, Learning Sciences, Education Psychology, Organizational Behavior, IO Psychology, or a related field
· 5+ years of experience designing and running a full range of research methods: qualitative and quantitative, attitudinal and behavioral, with deep expertise in one or more areas. Experience with qualitative research methodologies such as ethnography, and focus groups will be strongly preferred
· Proficient with SQL and at least one scripting language (e.g., R, Python)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
· Prior well-established recognized academic experience, publications in top-tier academic journals
· Familiar with machine learning tools and data infrastructure in Amazon Web Service
· Ability to engage business partners and stakeholders and solve an ambiguous business problems with appropriate choice of data science solutions
· Experience in research design methodologies for experiments, and quasi-experimental studies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us