We are a computer vision research group in Berlin, Germany creating innovative solutions in collaboration with product teams all across Amazon for some of the most visible and exciting problems out there. Our work sits right at the intersection of research and engineering and we are delivering products with real world impact in multiple application domains, such Visual UIs for Search and Discovery, Product Identification in Images, Semantic Visual Understanding of the Product Catalog, Accessibility, Diversity and Video Understanding.
If that sounds interesting for you and if you would like to live in one of the most exciting places of the world, then we have the perfect role for you. We have open Applied Scientist positions in Berlin for all levels of experience and this is what we are looking for:
· Research, design, implement and evaluate novel computer vision algorithms
· Work on large-scale datasets, creating scalable, robust and accurate computer vision systems in versatile application fields
· Collaborate closely with stakeholders, researchers and engineers to drive systems from prototyping to production level
· Collaborate with teams spread all around the world
· A master of science or PhD in computer vision/machine learning or related experience
· Broad knowledge of fundamentals in computer vision/machine learning
· Coding skills in two or more programming languages such as Python, C, C++, Java etc.
· Living in or willing to relocate to Berlin, Germany
· Experience in publishing at computer science conferences or journals
· Hands-on experience with popular deep learning frameworks
· Hands-on experience with Python
· Strong verbal and written communication
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.