Amazon is the earth’s most customer centric company and we are looking to hire a highly motivated and talented Systems Development Engineers to help automate one of the world’s largest and complex networks. We are expanding at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network.
New Region Deployment and New Availability Zone (NAZ) caters for growing our existing network, and building future ones. This is increasingly achieved through automation, a 24x7 team, and a deep understanding of multiple fabrics to never leave a packet behind. There is an operational on-call rota in this team.
As a Networking SysDE, you will be familiar with large-scale data center networks and routing protocols, as well as having proven experience of developing automation software in a team. Our ideal candidate will have strong verbal and written communications, and the ability to work in multi-discipline technical teams. They will have the ability to collaborate on software automation design, and to lead and mentor junior network engineers who are learning automation.
· Build software models of complex network architectures
· Develop best in class software systems for automating Amazon's network
· Be part of the broader team that shapes the future automation of Amazon's Network
· Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes
· Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products
· Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· 4+ years industry experience building production software applications
· 3+ years Linux development experience
· An understanding of performance and efficiency issues.
· Experience with distributed algorithms, SOA, enterprise-wide systems, asynchronous messaging and cloud architecture patterns
· Advanced software development/programming/scripting skills with Python and Java
· Data Center Networking experience and familiarity with routing protocols i.e. BGP and OSPF
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.