Customer Trust & Partner Support (CTPS) is responsible for creating a trustworthy shopping experience across Amazon stores worldwide by protecting customers, brands, selling partners and Amazon from fraud, counterfeit, and abuse as well as empowering, providing world‐class support, and building loyalty with Amazon’s millions of selling partners. We value individual expression, respect different opinions, and work together to create a culture where each of us is able to contribute fully. Our unique backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our ability to achieve Amazon's mission of being Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are seeking a passionate and talented Principal Applied Scientist who will collaborate with other scientists and engineers to leverage machine learning methods and algorithms for the modeling and analysis of data, identification of bad content and actors, and invention of suppression methodologies.
You'll design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways of detecting and eliminating suspicious content. Besides theoretical analysis and innovation, you will work closely with talented engineers to put your algorithms and models into practice. Your work will directly impact the trust customers place in Amazon. Our environment is fast-paced and highly ambiguous as we continuously work to stay one-step ahead of bad actors and protect Customers.
If you want to lead transformative, industry-wide initiatives to uphold trust in the Amazon brand, apply to join our team!
· PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, AI, or related field
· 5+ years of practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems
· 2+ years hands-on experience programming in R, Java, C#, C++ or other similar programming languages
· Proficiency in algorithm and model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications
· Experience distilling customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations all audiences.
· Extensive experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment
· Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
· Maintain an understanding of industry and technology trends in area of research.
· Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with customer impact
· Proven track record in technically leading and mentoring scientists as well as engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.