We are seeking a DSP Analytics Leader to manage the development and application of analytics methods to examine the complex data flows of the DSP, and to translate deep-dives into actionable insights for our product teams. In this role you will develop new tools to analyze our advertising data to help improve the performance of our bidding algorithms, targeting and relevance systems, help advance our 3rd party and O&O supply strategy, and evaluate the adoption and impact of feature releases.
A day in the life
The DSP Analytics Leader will work closely with business leaders and engineers on developing common data architecture that will optimize our data logging at different grains, and will allow data interoperability from bid flow to optimization to campaign delivery. The candidate will then analyze the data and present papers and ongoing reports on actionable insights. In addition we will be looking for the candidate to attract and develop a high-impact data analytics team.
About the hiring group
The DSP Finance team works in close alignment with PM, engineer, scientist, sales teams to help achieve advertiser objectives, and meaningfully improve the financial performance of the DSP. We cover all items that drive our top line as well as all other P&L line items. We pride ourselves for acting as owners of the areas we support, and thinking broadly about the impact that our analysis, audits, and insights bring to the business. We are at our best when we understand not just the financial components of our business, but also have deep knowledge of customer needs, and product operations.
• Analyze data trends regarding supply, optimization, ad load, and advertising mix effects that affect advertiser performance and contribute to achieving advertiser goals.
• Present papers to senior leaders on issues like feature development impact on identity recognition rates, and changes of ad selection systems to improve fill rate highlighting insights that will inform our business development and engineering roadmaps.
• Formalize our analytics approach to the DSP auctions by analyzing bid spreads, auction depth, and simulating impacts of potential auction structure changes.
• Identify, standardize, and operationalize KPIs to effectively measure the performance of all systems involved in ad serving, and use trend insights to inform business priorities.
• Partner with engineering teams to define data logging requirements and getting these prioritized in engineering roadmaps.
• Validate financial models through analysis
• Develop and own ad revenue and supply intelligence analytics decks that provide ongoing deep-dives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Masters degree or PhD in a field that has significant emphasis on quantitative methods such as statistics, or mathematical optimization
• Solid business judgment capable of driving an organization to the right results with a focused, pragmatic, approach to data analytics
• Experience operating successfully in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, and having the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives
• Close familiarity and understanding of RTB/DTB supply data including the systems and processes required to turn a bid request from a publisher into an ad seen by a person
• Track record of mentoring and growing an impactful data analytics team
• 15+ years’ of experience in advertising analytics or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• The ideal candidate will have lead large scale analytics initiatives and has experience with digital advertising and DSPs
• Knowledge of Big Data data mining and business intelligence techniques
• Familiarity with managing large-scale regulatory data requests from world wide government agencies
• Experience with proactively identifying new areas of exploration in the advertising analytics space, continuously raising the bar for business impact
• Experience leading a 10+ member analytics team