A customer stares inside their closet for several minutes, and declares "I have nothing to wear!" in exasperation. Is their next thought to go to Amazon to find the perfect outfit? Why not? If you're a hands-on design manager who has a vision to create a happy ending to this story, read on.
Who we are
Amazon Fashion is where fashion and cutting-edge technology meet. As America's 'Biggest Apparel Retailer' according to Forbes, we experiment with bold new ideas while leveraging Amazon's unique strengths. The Amazon Fashion UX Design & Research team is dedicated to being the beacon of design excellence within this exciting, aspirational space. We are passionate about inventing on behalf of the customer, helping them find clothing and apparel inspiration, discover new products, and shop with inclusivity, delight, and ease. We aim is to provide intuitive experiences that accommodate our growing and diverse selection, while enabling customers to make confident buying decisions, and having fun along the way.
Who you are
We are seeking a Sr UX Manager to lead the definition, design and delivery of a future-forward and lovable fashion shopping experience - one that addresses known customer needs and behaviors, while also innovating toward new experiences - to make Amazon a go-to destination for fashion.
As the ideal candidate, you will look around corners in emergent areas of design and fashion commerce, identify patterns, and define a cohesive vision for Amazon Fashion's most innovative and strategic shopping experience. You will manage a talented team of UX designers to accomplish this vision, champion and socialization the CX, and generate excitement throughout the organization. You will work closely with our partners in research, product management, science, and engineering to shape the next generation experience for Amazon Fashion. Because the scope of this position will extend across a number of programs, the ability to balance high-level strategy, holistic reasoning, and best-in class delivery, with a detail-oriented eye is imperative. Experience with areas such as luxury, immersive or 3D experiences, or gamification will be valuable.
You would be perfect for this role if:
· You have a strong track record of defining and driving a CX vision from concept into market
· You inspire designers to do their best work through your vision, communication, coaching, and problem-solving
· You are an outstanding developer of small, high performing teams that excel in innovation, creativity, and attention to detail
· You are passionate about partnering with internal senior leaders to create and deliver forward-leaning and customer-focused solutions
· You're a critical thinker who envisions holistic solutions for your users that span the entire customer journey
· You set a high bar, have high taste, and deliver products that are both visually and conceptually stunning
· You see patterns and connect dots as part of your daily process
· You are not afraid to dig deep, get into the detail and course correct when needed
· You are an empathic teammate and leader who flourishes when collaborating closely with other disciplines and partners
· You are a well-organized self-starter who is comfortable moving fast and wearing many hats
· Have experience in emergent areas of design and CX (e.g., 3D, immersive e-commerce, etc)
What you'll do:
· Establish a forward looking CX vision for Amazon Fashion's innovative products and services in areas such as Virtual Try On, Personal Shopper, Prime Wardrobe, in addition to some other additional emergent areas.
· Manage, grow, coach, and empower a team of UX designers to deliver bar-raising work, while also guiding designers on adjacent teams towards a cohesive vision
· Partner closely with product, science, and engineering partners towards well-considered solutions and inventing on behalf of the customer
· Own the end-to-end design process of your team, ensuring on-time, detailed, polished, high-taste deliverables
· Lead design reviews and present to senior stakeholders and executive-level leadership
· Collaborate across multiple partner teams to drive alignment, excitement, and delivery
· Scope design initiatives against high-level product roadmaps; allocate resources and prioritize work across multiple programs
· Oversee development of effective specifications and documentation of design frameworks within your team, while considering extensibility to other teams
· Purposefully and strategically contribute to practice-related needs such as annual planning, resourcing models, tooling, asset libraries, guidelines as required
Austin Texas, New York New York, San Diego California, or Santa Monica California.
· 10+ years as a user experience designer, product designer, or similar roles
· 5+ years of people management experience
· Bachelor’s degree or commensurate professional experience
· A portfolio of work demonstrating compelling design solutions and showing your ability to turn ideas into a holistic CX vision is a requirement for application
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Passion and high bar for visual design, UI, content, and copy
· Fashion and trend aware
· Experience leading projects in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary organization, including designers, researchers, product managers and software developers
· Ability to work across organizational boundaries and manage ambiguity to influence and deliver results
· Proven experience with iterative design and development processes at a global scale
· A human-centered design process that balances data, customer insights, problem-solving, craftsmanship, and elevated taste
· Effectiveness presenting to and advising senior management; ability to comfortably and confidently present complex concepts to all levels within the organization in both written and verbal communication
· Talent for delivering innovative CX while supporting cohesion within a matrixed organization and ecosystem
· Experience in e-commerce, shopping CX design, fashion, or other creatively-led categories in a global context