Amazon Science gives you insight into the company’s approach to customer focused scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. It’s the company’s ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Our scientists continue to publish, teach, and engage with the academic community, in addition to utilizing our working backwards method to enrich the way we live and work.
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information.
Are you interested in helping Amazon ensure that customers make great purchase decisions and that the world's most recognized Brands using Amazon are successful listing and selling their products? The Brand Protection team designs and builds high performance software systems using machine learning that identify and prevent abuse on behalf of brand owners worldwide.
We are looking for a highly talented scientist to help build of our vision for Brand Protection. As a applied scientist on the team, you will interface directly with Product and Engineer to build hands of the wheel solutions to determine how Selling Partners (e.g. Third Party Sellers and Retail Vendors) list on our catalog. You will work backwards from data insights and customer feedback to build the right machine learning solutions, and resourceful in finding innovative solutions to unsolved problems.
This is a global role that will include interaction with Brands, Sellers and internal teams in countries outside of the United States, requiring a strong ability to communicate effectively and understand the different needs of global customers. You should have extensive experience leading multiple Machine Learning initiatives, from conception to launch in a rapidly evolving environment. Amazon’s growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new solutions, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
· Understand business challenges by analyzing data and customer feedback
· Collaborate with tech and product teams on model building strategies and model experiment, implementation and continuous improvement
· Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of both structured and unstructured data to design strategies to solve business problems.
· Use CV, NLP and state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems
· Create business and analytics reports and present to the senior management teams
· Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
· 1+ years of hand-on modeling experience in the area of predictive modeling, NLP, personalization, recommendation system
· Deep understanding of statistical modeling and deep learning techniques.
· Strong problem solving ability
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and data presentation skills.
· 1 year experience in Python and SQL
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 3 years of hand-on modeling experience in the area of Deep Learning, NLP or Computer Vision
· Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
· Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
· Familiar with AWS machine learning technologies such as SageMaker.
· Strong program skills in C/C++, Java, and/or matlab
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.