Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. Amazon operates a world-class network of technologically advanced fulfillment properties across North America, Europe, the Middle East. and Africa, Japan, and India. The rapid growth of Amazon’s retail and Fulfillment by Amazon businesses requires continued expansion of the network on the largest scale of any other user in the United States. Our growth in the years ahead will continue to be historic.
The Asset Manager candidate will be a critical member of the Worldwide Operations Real Estate team and will support fulfillment locations within North America operations. The Asset Manager will implement Amazon and industry best practices around lease compliance of existing and incoming properties with significant focus on building and maintaining landlord relationships.
This candidate will utilize real estate industry best practices and excellent problem solving skills with diverse stakeholder groups. The candidate will function at a high level within an incredibly fast-paced and unstructured work environment. Domestic travel as needed for site visits, landlord meetings, building functionality and/or lease audits.
The candidate for this role can be based in Nashville, Tennessee or Chicago, Illinois.
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
· Five years of experience in industrial / commercial property management for a real estate company and/or as a tenant
· Experience and competence utilizing commercial real estate software platforms
· Ability to work in a high stress, fast paced environment
· An excellent ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and with proper professionalism
· An excellent ability to build trust among colleagues and service partners
· Experience managing in a high volume environment with diverse obstacles
· Have earned or working towards RPA, CPM, or comparable professional designation
· Experience with industrial real estate portfolios in the e-commerce or fulfillment industry
· Basic knowledge of base building maintenance and construction best practices
· Ability to work independently while maintaining all deadlines and critical date obligations
· An excellent and inherent competency with time management and organization
· Demonstrated ability to complete the following: Analyze and interpret complex leases, Educate stakeholders on lease compliance responsibilities, Problem solving of complex issues, Identification and improvement of business processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.