Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo.
“If you do not work on an important problem, it's unlikely you'll do important work.” – Richard Hamming
We have important problems to solve. There are great, world-changing products that should exist, but do not, because the technology to enable them does not exist. Yet. That’s where you come in.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in robotics to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. Key responsibilities will be to understand the state of the art, conduct research and develop algorithms by collaborating with cross-functional engineering teams including Amazon Robotics, to put the concepts you develop into production. You will determine where commercially available solution and academic research can be applied to solve Amazon business problems, as well as identify opportunities for innovation. You will use data to train and test algorithms to bring them up to production level quality.
If this describes you, come join our team at Lab126 in the heart of Silicon Valley. The team is using probabilistic modeling, machine learning, real-time and distributed systems to convert requirements into concrete deliverables. A researcher on this team will translate business and functional requirements into working code. Comfort with a high degree of ambiguity and ability to solve problems that haven’t been solved to scale before are essential.
If you join us, your opportunities will include:
· Work on ambiguous problem areas and help formulate the problem statement
· Research, design, implement and evaluate novel algorithms
· Collaborate closely with team members on developing systems from prototype to production
· Work closely with partner engineering teams to drive scalable implementations that can be leveraged by high value customer features
· PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
· 5+ years of experience in state-of-the-art in classical machine learning algorithms using both toolkits and self-developed code
· 1+ years of experience in Java, C++ or other object oriented programming languages
· Experience with MATLAB, R, Python or similar scripting language
· Experience applying classical ML research and statistical modeling to real world problems.
· Familiarity with deep learning approaches
· Experience developing algorithms for sensor fusion or prediction problems
· Proven track record of innovation in developing novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
· Experience investigating, designing, prototyping, and delivering new and innovative system solutions
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age