Do you think Cloud Computing is fascinating? Do you ever ponder the backbone that powers internet TV and social media? Are you passionate about driving customer success, eager to learn new technologies, and someone who loves discussing them with friends and family? Do you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment? Does the idea of launching a load balanced java application in Singapore from your laptop in South Africa intrigue you?
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
AWS Trust and Safety (Abuse Investigation & Prevention)
Our Trust and Safety Team focuses on scenarios where AWS hosted resources negatively impact third parties on the Internet.
The team is key in maintaining the reputation of AWS’s IP space. The team vets potential abuse issues and contacts AWS customers in order to put a stop to these harmful acts. Abuse Investigation & Prevention acts as the first line of defense for AWS by analyzing trends and reporting findings to AWS service teams as needed. AWS Customers may experience abuse or attacks on their resources for several reasons including incorrect use of security protocols and/or tools. The team devotes their time and attention to helping identify impactful customer scenarios such as these. They classify incoming reports of abuse while exercising sound judgment in the decisions they make. Team members display strong technical skills while providing complex AWS account support to our customers and other AWS teams. The team works to create trust and maintain customer loyalty by going above and beyond the customer’s expectations to ensure Amazon Web Services remains the most customer centric company on Earth!
A Trust and Safety Manager sets the vision, direction, and culture of their teams by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, providing individual coaching feedback sessions, maintaining singular focus on ensuring and improving customer satisfaction, monitoring real time service levels and schedule adherence, and serving as leaders and point of contact for escalated contact resolutions.
Overall responsibilities include (but not limited to):
· Leading and developing a team of Team Managers and up to 45-50 associates; responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the team.
· Identifying and eliminating barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality.
· Carrying out supervisory and management responsibilities in accordance with AWS (Amazon Web Services™) policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; and effective conflict resolution.
· Communicating policies to associates and become the primary information source for staff; following-up to ensure compliance and consistency; taking corrective action as necessary and documenting the issue and actions taken.
· Owning and driving performance metrics with the team, to include the use of a Quality Assurance program to "Move the needle"
· Solving complex customer service and Trust and Safety issues and proactively heading off negative service trends.
· Understanding and correctly utilizing resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures.
· Development, analysis and improvement of new strategies and procedures. The Trust and Safety Manager will have the ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals
· Developing and achieving performance goals and objectives in order to achieve customer promise expectations
· 4+ years relevant experience managing a team of 20-25 employees.
· Experience managing people managers.
· 4+ experience managing people managers.
· Demonstrated history of progressive performance management of a team of 20-25 employees.
· 1+ year direct experience in a fast paced Customer Contact Center or IT Help Desk environment working within trouble ticketing/tracking systems.
· Proven experience working with Web Technologies and the Internet (preferably website hosting or building)
• Bachelors Degree
• Knowledge of networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing
• Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean Processes
• Proven history of using feedback to improve customer experience / contact interaction through feedback
• Project Management certification
• Exceptional skills in data manipulation and analysis
• Demonstrated history delivering results in cross functional environments - ability to drive organizational change using sound reasoning backed up by relevant data in a well prepared business briefing
• Experience managing other managers
• Experience in being a mentor
• Solid knowledge of security concepts (vulnerabilities, firewalls, common security issues)
• Ability to learn new technologies and stay current with related field information
• Demonstrated history of improving customer experience / contact interaction
• Demonstrated history of progressive performance management of a team of this size.
• Strong oral (speaking, listening, interpretation) and written communication skills.
• Ability to be flexible in shift assignments and work areas.
• Able to work in an ambiguous, internet-speed environment.
• Absolute passion for ensuring a great customer experience with every contact.
AWS Support values diversity of thought and wants to grow by hiring people with a wide range of backgrounds, cultures, and experiences that allow us to continue innovating for complex problems. If you are interested in shaping the future of Amazon AWS Support organization, apply to learn more about this exciting opportunity. Amazon is a committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.