Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We’ve got a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with all the unique strengths of being part of Amazon. Across all our teams and locations, we’re united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games—and we’re looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you’ll have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Prime Gaming is an Amazon Prime benefit offering members tons of free, exclusive content for their favorite games, a library of free games, and more. Prime Gaming joins Prime Video, Amazon Music, and Prime Reading to give Prime members the best of all kinds of entertainment. . We’re looking for a Solutions Architect to join our team as we continue to make Prime Gaming the most customer-obsessed service possible.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems, build innovative solutions, work with top notch software developers and game developers, this might be the role for you. We need you to help integrate external games and publishing services with our APIs and form solid working relationships with game developers. The ideal Solution Architect communicates brilliantly, has a solid understanding of a variety of technology platforms, has chops to work with external developers to explain, educate and implement our technologies and has strong social skills to help drive complex integrations. You will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
If you love to create awesome integrations that delight and entertain millions of people, are excited to work with a fun and diverse group of colleagues and have passion for video games; come talk to us.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Partner with the Prime Gaming Business Development team to design solutions for customers, drive Prime Gaming’s adoption and revenue.
· Be an AWS, Twitch and Amazon technology evangelist in driving tech integration with game and game services. Educate Game Publishers of all sizes on the value proposition of integrating with Prime gaming using Amazon tools and AWS stack.
· Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new Prime Gaming integration within Game architecture.
· Facilitate deep-dive “hands-on” education/training materials to transfer knowledge to customers planning to do Prime Gaming integration.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the SA community.
· Author or contribute to Prime Gaming customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, tutorials, documentation etc.
· Present sessions at Twitch, Prime Gaming events and industry conferences.
· Help drive resolution to tech issues and eliminate redundant processes by being a technical liaison between customers, service engineering & support teams.
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
· 2+ years of software design & implementation experience with distributed applications.
· 2+ year experience working with internal and external developers.
· Experience consulting and using web services and mobile application development frameworks.
· Experience building project prototypes as proof of concept.
· Experience supporting large-scale high-availability systems in a production environment
· Experience working with a wide range of technologies and having a good understanding of their pros and cons in particular scenarios.
· Professional Game industry experience dealing with Game and/or Game backend services.
· Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve developer issues
· Willingness to travel up to 20% of time
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.