Are you someone who cares about delivering impactful customer experiences, and wants to be involved in delivering high quality help content to enhance the experiences for customers of Amazon’s devices and digital products? Are you an experienced team manager with a passion for helping your team excel? Do you have the drive to deliver multiple projects on time, every time, with deliverables that exceed expectations? Do you thrive in a fast-moving culture where customer obsession and the ability to think on your feet are highly valued? Amazon’s Device, Digital, and Alexa Support (D2AS) team is looking for an experienced Content Strategist to deliver high-profile help content for Amazon devices and services globally.
You will be responsible for driving high-visibility complex programs that directly impact the customer experience globally. You will be seen as a thought leader and innovator within the organization.
To excel in this position, you will also be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. You must be used to dealing with tight deadlines and multiple stakeholders, and have a proactive approach to problem solving. You will have experience diving into data to discover pain points and developing a strategy that solves those problems.
You will have experience with questioning existing practices and implementing continuous improvement efforts. You possess excellent writing skills and will have experience in developing support content. You also need to be an excellent people manager, with a talent for developing your team.
In this role, you directly affect the experience for millions of customers for some of the most exciting products at Amazon.
· Manage and develop a group of content developers who focus on developing customer support content for associate-facing and customer-facing platforms
· Develop and execute strategies to improve content quality, maintainability, and usability
· Identify, promote, and implement strategies to improve content development workflow and team efficiency
· Scope and deliver complex, business critical programs end-to-end
· Drive content projects for their entire lifecycle from planning through post-launch measurement
· Build and leverage effective relationships with multiple internal and external, cross-functional and remote stakeholders to deliver complex, global projects
· Continuously review content performance and customer support metrics to assess the efficacy of content and identify opportunities to improve the customer experience
· 3+ years of experience guiding and implementing complex content projects
· 5+ years of experience creating and editing content – with a portfolio to demonstrate it
· 2+ years of experience managing and developing a high-performing team
· Intermediate HTML and XML skills
· Experience with content management systems (DITA-based systems preferred).
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proven record of managing multifaceted, global content projects with tight deadlines.
· Experience as a content strategist or information architect
· Experience creating customer service content or technical writing
· Experience developing and managing content for an international audience
· Ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop hypothesis
· Knowledge of A/B testing and measuring content performance
· Working knowledge of Agile methodology
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.