This 16-week, paid, virtual employment opportunity is available to candidates who are looking to resume their professional career after experiencing 1+ years of underemployment and/or unemployment. The successful candidate will meet all of the basic qualifications of this position and can reside anywhere within the United States. Upon successful completion of the returnship, candidates may receive, but are not guaranteed, an offer for full-time employment. In addition to successfully completing the returnship requirements, offers for full-time employment are contingent upon business need and the candidate’s advance commitment to relocate, if necessary, to a within commuting distance of the assigned work location office. Relocation assistance is provided for full-time employment opportunities.
This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other professionals who are returning to their careers.
Amazon’s Operations Technology teams are the technical engines that support Amazon’s mission of being Earth’s most customer-centric company. We build the software and services that touch every Amazon customer globally and innovate solutions for logistics, supply chain optimization, and transportation.
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies from front-end UI (both web and device) to back-end distributed web services to device software. You will own the quality of major deliverables end-to-end, working closely with multiple engineers and teams to execute them. Scaling, latency, and customer experience are top priorities as the business grows. This is a high visibility team where you will make a direct positive impact on customer experience and the business.
· Must be unemployed for 1+ years
· Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
· 5+ years of industry experience.
· Experience in manual testing
· 2+ years of expertise in automation using a programing language.
· Knowledge of QA methodology and industry-standard and bug tracking tools
· Experience driving quality through process, instrumentation, requirements and testing
· Experience developing high quality test plans and test cases
· Master's degree in Computer Science or related fields
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Understanding of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile software development, use of software IDEs, use of source control management
· The ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
· Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills with the ability to come up with creative solutions to impossible-to-solve problems
· Proven experience defining and leading an effective quality assurance process
· Experience with white box testing
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobs based in Los Angeles: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobs based in San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $44.23/hr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.