Are you a talented and inventive engineer with strong passion about Artificial Intelligence and Predictive Modeling? Would you like to develop Machine-Learning tools by playing a key role within EU RME Predictive Analytics team? Our mission is to drive the Predictive Maintenance (PdM) and Spare Parts (SP) programs for Amazon EU Operations that consists of complex automation, sortation, robotic and materials handling systems.
As Machine Learning Tool Specialist you will be working with large distributed systems of data and providing predictive maintenance expertise for over 2000 maintenance engineers, managers and administrators by supporting the entire network managed by EU RME, which may include non-EU locations (such as Singapore, Australia and Japan). You will connect with world leaders in your field and you will be tackling ML challenges by carrying out a systematic review of existing solutions. The appropriate choice of the ML methods and their deployment into effective tools will be the key for the success in this role.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail and outstanding ability in balancing technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about model and method choices.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
· Provide technical expertise to support team strategies that will take EU RME towards World Class predictive maintenance practices and processes, driving better equipment up-time and lower repair costs with optimized spare parts inventory and placement
· Implement an advanced maintenance framework utilizing Machine Learning technologies to drive equipment performance leading to reduced unplanned downtime
· Provide technical expertise to support the development of long-term spares management strategies that will ensure spares availability at an optimal level for local sites and reduce the cost of spares
· MS in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Math or equivalent highly technical field
· Proficient using R, Python, or other equivalent statistics and machine learning tools
· Experience with MySQL/PostgreSQL/Redshift
· Knowledge of AWS Infrastructure
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Experienced in computer science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design
· PhD in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Math or equivalent highly technical field
· First working experience in data science and/or machine learning using models and methods such as neural networks, random forests, SVMs or Bayesian classification
· Experienced in writing academic-styled papers for presenting both the methodologies used and results for data science projects
· Basic skills in probabilistic modeling and reliability methods