Want to change the world with Big Data and Analytics? Come join us on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) EMR team!
Amazon EMR (http://aws.amazon.com/emr) is an AWS service that makes it easy for customers to run their big data workloads. EMR supports well-known big data platforms like Hadoop and Spark, and multiple applications that are part of this ecosystem, like Hive, Presto, Hbase and Hue.We run millions of customer clusters, enabling processing on vast datasets.
We are developing innovative new features within and along side the frameworks, engines and applications utilized in the big data domain.
• Lead an engineering team that will build, experiment, operate and maintain software in order to meet business and customer needs
• Hire, coach, and mentor individuals
• Interface with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes
• Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements
• Own all operational metrics and support
• Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of industry experience
- 4+ years of people management experience, leading technical professionals (software developers, development managers, and/or technical program managers)
- A passion for people management and mentorship
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated technical leadership of both people and projects
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Focus on peer mentoring, code reviews, architectural consultancy and teamwork
· Masters degree in Computer Science
· 9+ years of experience in Software development
· 5+ years as a Development Manager managing teams of 10 engineers
· Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
· Strong business and technical vision
· Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Deep understanding of big data processing
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with Linux/Unix systems
· Experience with SQL and No SQL data stores
· Experience with service oriented architecture and software as a service products
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us