About Ops Tech IT
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. Ops Tech IT provides nonstop global IT support to Amazon Operations as a vital piece to the puzzle. We are looking for self-motivated individuals to take on new challenges and motivate teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles we face. Together, we take ownership for what we do — whether supporting IT infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a new Amazon Operations facility, or delighting our customers by delivering packages directly to them. Ops Tech IT provides 24x7 global IT support to Amazon Operations, including Fulfillment, Sortation, Logistics, and Last Mile.
About the Role
Ops Tech IT Support Engineers will be responsible for utilizing their skills to provide assistance to the operations team in resolving technical problems within these sites that cover a multitude of technical disciplines. The IT Support Engineers position is the first level of support for the operations of the Amazon Sites and becomes the voice and face of the IT department to our customers. Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making Worldwide History.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Manage and resolve customer IT issues and queries and drive them to closure.
· Drive IT projects and initiatives.
· Be responsible to drive and maintain IT KPIs / metrics like SLAs etc.
· Support, train, guide and manage activities of junior engineers in the team.
· Support IT managers to drive projects and activities as directed.
· All IT Support Engineers positions might be on a rotation shift schedule between days and nights.
· The position will require supporting of multiple buildings around the area and regular travel to sites within the state /region.
· Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing wor
This position reports directly to the IT manager for the Fulfillment sites.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
· Strong Networking Skills, with experience in supporting Network Infrastructure.
· Experience in supporting end-user hardware equipment’s like Desktop, laptops, Printers and scanners.
· Experience in supporting Windows operating system and Client software like MS Office, VPN etc.
· Advanced Linux systems administration skills
· Good Understanding of basic computer hardware concepts and terminologies.
· Possess Scripting skills or have desire to learn them - specifically Python, PowerShell or bash.
· Knowledgeable in ITIL concepts like Incident management, Problem management, change management and continuous service improvement. Strong understanding of support - tickets, monitoring, processes and metrics.
· Troubleshoot difficult problems spanning multiple systems without SOPs.
· Apply theoretical knowledge and troubleshooting techniques to provide solutions to our customer's needs
· Assist root cause analysis of critical issues and problems.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable communicating in person and via phone/e-mail with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
· Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms.
· Ability to manage and drive high priority projects independently with limited supervision.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable communicating in person and via phone/radio with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
You may be required to engage in physical warehouse activities like -
· Ability to travel up to 70%, both with in the city and within the region.
· Willingness to work flexible shifts and schedule including weekends, nights, and holidays.
· Standing and walking during shift.
· Ability to move IT equipment’s as well as standing and walking during shift
· Must have own vehicle with valid documents to travel and support nearby sites.
· Willingness to move / relocate to different city, region as per business requirement.
· 3-5 years of experience in IT support.
· Certification - Cisco CCNA , CCNP , MCSE or MCITP, Redhat or Linux+, A+ ,Juniper-JUNOS.
· ITIL Certification.
· Experience troubleshooting thin clients, Zebra Printers and portable handheld terminals / Barcode scanners.
· Experience in supporting switches, Wi-Fi, Routers & Firewall.
· Knowledgeable in Inventory management / Asset management tools and processes.
· Experience in supporting Apple Mac systems, MacOS and Linux systems.
· Ability to manage multiple customer requests simultaneously.
· Ability to prioritize work based on department and production objectives.
· Willingness to relocate as business needs arise for career advancement opportunities.