Do you enjoy solving complex problems? Are you eager to change the world with data science? At Amazon Taskless, we challenge ourselves with questions like, what if we can verify documentation in seconds instead of days? What if we could quickly automate complex processes which are not well documented? What if we can improve customer retention?
By adopting technologies such as machine learning, computer vision (Amazon Rekognition & Textract) and natural language processing(Amazon Lex), Amazon Taskless transforms tedious businesses processing with Intelligent Automation and Robotic Process Automation. We built an identity management system, which simplify compliance across all Amazon businesses including Twitch, Flex, Amazon sellers, Kindle Direct Publishing authors globally.
As a Data Scientist, you will work on our Science team and partner closely with other data scientists , data engineers as well as product managers, UX designers, and business partners across Amazon to accurately model and remove tasks from their processes. Outputs from your models will directly improve customer experience across Amazon while delivering cost savings. You will be responsible for building data science prototypes that optimize business processes and innovate for our customers in new ways.
You are skeptical. When someone gives you a data source or walks you through their process, you pepper them with questions about, accuracy, coverage, and the need of steps in their process. When you’re told a model can make assumptions, you aggressively try to break those assumptions.
You do whatever it takes to add value. You don’t care whether you’re building complex machine learning models, writing blazing fast code, integrating multiple disparate data-sets, or creating baseline models - you care passionately about stakeholders and know that as a curator of data insight you can unlock massive cost savings and retain customers.
You have a limitless curiosity. You constantly ask questions about the technologies and approaches we are taking and are constantly learning about industry best practices you can bring to our team.
You have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with product owners to understand key business questions and earn the trust of senior leaders. You will need to make the complex simple to understand.
You are comfortable juggling competing priorities and handling ambiguity. You thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment on highly visible projects and initiatives. The tradeoffs of cost savings and customer experience are constantly up for debate among senior leadership - you will help drive this conversation.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 1+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Operational Research, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Economics, a related quantitative field, or equivalent industry experience
· Experience with machine learning, statistical analysis, data mining, and analytics technique
· 2+ years hands-on experience programming in Python, R, or other data analysis and scripting languages
· Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting (Redshift, SQL, MySQL)Basic knowledge of SQL
· Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data
· Personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies in business process automation
· Experience with defining organizational research and development practices in an industry setting
· Work well in a fast-moving team environment and effectively deliver technical implementations having complex dependencies and requirements
· Excellent communication and data presentation skills
· Masters or PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics or a related scientific field
· Expert in at least one statistical or scripting language (R, Python, Perl or similar).