We are a team of doers working passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology to solve real-world problems. As a Research Scientist, you will work with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional teams. Our team rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining a laser-focus in bringing products to market. Competitive candidates are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, startup-like environment. At the cutting edge of both academic and applied research in this product area, you have the opportunity to work together with some of the most talented scientists, engineers, and product managers.
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Undergraduate degree (BSc) + 10 years of experience; graduate degree (MSc/Ph.D.) plus 2-5 years of experience.
· 2+ years of directly-related commercial or academic post-graduate experience.
· Graduate degree (M.Sc./Ph.D.) degree within life sciences (e.g. Biochemistry, Genetics, Molecular Biology and Microbiology).
· Ability to work within multidisciplinary teams at the interface of life science and computer science.
· Expertise with cutting edge molecular biology and/or biochemistry methods and concepts.
· Familiarity with data analysis tools and methodologies that are commonly used in modern laboratory data analysis.
· Work with a team of researchers to extend and interpret advanced analytical methodologies.
· Ability to work successfully within an entrepreneurial environment.
· Facilitate interactions with collaborators, both internal and external.
· Broad familiarity with different areas of the life sciences.
· Professional characteristics—not unique for this position—that are necessary for Amazon leaders, will include: customer obsession; thinking big; bias for action; inventing and simplifying; strategic thinking/planning and focusing on product execution; having relentlessly high standards; and is interested in recruiting and developing the best.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.