Do you want to take a leading role in shaping the future of digital video search? Do you want to define the next generation of search engine that allows Amazon customers to discover our great contents (including our amazing originals) seamlessly? If so, we, Prime Video Search, are responsible for developing structured video search systems that understand the intent of the search query accurately, utilize rich metadata sets, and consistently display relevant search results to millions of Prime Video customers, in over 210 countries around the world, across all Prime Video surfaces (e.g. iOS, Android, Fire TV, Alexa, Roku, TV Apps, Retail Web).
A day in the life
We are looking for a talented Data Engineer II to help build/enhance the global data platform that enhances the search experience to ease discovery our content for our world audience (200+ countries.) In this role, you will own many large datasets, implementing new data pipelines that feed into or from critical data systems at Amazon. You will design, implement, and support new systems that ensure the quality of the data sets and work with our data scientists to make the data available for metrics, visualization, ad-hoc insights, and statistical modeling.
About the hiring group
The mission of Prime Video Search is to help customers work less and watch more. We're a high energy, fast growth business excited to have the opportunity to shape new ways for search to reach their audiences. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help continue to expand our space and enhance the search experience.
As a Data Engineer II, you will develop new data engineering patterns that leverage new cloud architectures, and will extend or migrate existing data pipelines to the architectures as needed. You will be responsible for designing and implementing the complex ETL pipelines in data warehouse platform and other BI solutions to support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand for data, and use it to deliver the data as service which will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making at Amazon.com
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
· 2+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
· Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, etc.)
· Experience using business intelligence reporting tools (Tableau, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.)
· Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
· A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.